HOW WAS THE INITIAL SITUATION?
Ford Ka, the smallest and cheapest Ford car, was seen as a car for mothers.
In 2015, we wanted to reach a wider audience, focusing on a young, technological and modern target. The people perception about Ford KA should be: a cool and desirable car for youth.
We had three main objectives in this campaign:
- Change the Ford KA image in the youth people mind.
- Be the first brand able to sell a car in a Social Media channel in less than 24 hours.
- Be a National Trending Topic in an organic way.
WHAT WAS THE SOLUTION?
We search a young and potent brand followed by our desired audience in order to make a powerful cobranding. The perfect brand was Hawkers.
We designed a unique Ford Ka powered by Hawkers to sell it in the first Twitter auction in the history.
HOW WE'VE MADE IT REAL?
To generate more impact and get that all the Twitter users were aware that we were going to launch the auction, we decided to heat engines a week before the auction day.
In order to make the campaign more spontaneous and as a result of the good relationship between both brands, we decided to make it seem a challenge that Hawkers threw to Ford via Twitter.
All started with a Hawkers tweet response to a Ford tweet in which Ford showed the Ford KA and Hawkers said that he liked it very much.
We challenge them. If they would able to get an organic Trending Topic #FordRetaHawkers, we we'll create a limited edition Powered by Hawkers of this model. And finally... they got it.
We created a Ford KA powered by Hawkers and we sold it in the first Twitter auction in the history.
THE RESULT WAS…
• The initiative was covered by more than 40 newspapers and TV channels in Spain.
• 95% positive mentions on Social Media channels.
• The video became that Ford Christmas greeting to employees and final consumers in all Europe.